New Beekeeper Class - ONLINE - 4 sessions
Time & Location
About The Event
Who is facilitating the course?
The course is being hosted by the Beaver Valley Area Beekeepers Association (BVABA). The
course is being Co-facilitated by current BVABA President Nathaneil Christman and former President
Sister Lyn Szymkiewicz. There will be several guest presenters with decades of Western PA beekeeping
experience and expertise.
• Sunday, January 31st 6:00 – 8:00 PM
• Sunday, February 7th 6:00 – 8:00 PM
• February 14th (NO MEETING – Valentines Day)
• Sunday, February 21st 6:00 – 8:00 PM
• Sunday, February 28th 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Meetings will be 100% virtual via Zoom. Meetings will be live and interactive. There will be a
mixture of live demonstrations and power-point presentations.
• Participants will need access to the internet and a device that can download and run Zoom.
• Participants will need to order “Storey's Guide to Keeping Honey Bees", second edition by
Malcolm Sanford and Richard E. Bonney ”. He is the link to the book via Amazon:
The cost to participate in the beekeeping course is $25 per individual. Plus the cost of the book
(participants are expected to order the book themselves).
What can you expect to learn?
By the end of the course you should...
• have a basic knowledge of honey bee management.
• know what equipment you will need to start your own hives.
• know how and where to get honey bees.
• have opportunities to connect with mentors.
• have a basic understanding of bee biology.
• have a basic understanding of pest management.
• have access to resources for continued virtual and in-person education.
The deadline to register is January 29th 2020.
- Online New Beekeeper class$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0